I did my first ever import! Yay! *happy dance*
I am such a dreamer, I regularly browse the world wide web and dream about goodies coming to SA. One site I’ve stalked is Nailhür…specifically the Nicole Guerriero snap on nails. And then the universe sent me a sign: SALE!…buy 1 get 1 free. There it was…written in the stars.
I purchased 4 sets (only paying for 2) and, including delivery, it came to about R600. That is freak’n awesome! Consider the fact that you pay about R100-R150 for similar product at Clicks/Discem.
I purchased ‘Queen Bee‘:
I thought my favourite would be the ‘Queen Bee’, but I absolutely love the ‘Naturally Nicole’ set.
Bearing in mind that this is an imported item, the process made me quite nervous. I asked around regarding tax and no-one could give me an ‘exact’ answer. Luckily, no tax was charged…this time around…next time I might not be so lucky.
I used Aramex Global Shopper as a freight forwarder. Their service gets them a whopping 9/10. I subtracted a point because I asked for a change in address, which was confirmed and it was promised that delivery would be done to the new address, but that didn’t happen. Other than that, their service was speedy and the consultants extremely friendly, helpful and polite.
My thoughts on the nails: I absolutely loved them!
- They are easy to apply, took me about 15 minutes.
- You receive 24 nails, so there is no shortage in variety (style or size)
- Glue is included.
- The packaging is fun and reusable.
- After a week, they looked as good as new…but I removed them because I needed a change.
- I used too much glue, so it took me a while to remove the first time. The second time was a lot faster though.
- The product for me was a lot better than the local brands I’ve tried.
- You don’t damage your own nails.
- They are nice and long, so you can file them down to the desired length.
- It’s not locally available, so there’s always a fear that the product will be received damaged..and I don’t want to imagine the return process in such a case.
- Although there is plenty of variety regarding nail sizes and designs in that one box, you still might not get the desired design in the desired nail size.
- The black paint of the ‘Queen Bee’ set chipped a bit, but the the ‘Naturally Nicole’ didn’t chip at all.
- The plastic crystals of the ‘Naturally Nicole’ nails fell off and I was left with a flat silver sticker where the crystal had been. Although it didn’t look like anything was missing.
Would I purchase again? Hell Yeah! I will however patiently wait for a similar sale. The rand to dollar exchange rate can be a killer.
Interested in winning a set of snap-on’s?
Choose how you want to enter on the widget below. You can choose one method or, for a better chance of winning, complete all.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Entries close on 28 October 2016 at 23:59. Winner will be announced on 1 November 2016. This competition is only open to South African Residence. The winner will be required to provide a physical address where someone will be available to sign for the delivery. PDB will arrange delivery prizes to respective winners only where the winner’s delivery address is within the geographical area defined by PDB. Winners resident or located anywhere outside these areas will be accountable for any costs incurred by the collection of the prize. Prizes are not negotiable or transferable. The judges decision is final. Prizes not collected/claimed within 7 days of being won will be disposed of at PDB’s discretion . Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification.
*Photos taken from the Nailhür site