I’ve been a member of Little Black Bag (LLB) since July 2015. They even provided me with a giveaway bag when I started my blog. (I unfortunately lost the blog post due to hackers. Blegh)
When I joined I absolutely loved the idea..and still do. There are just those little things…
- I am not excited as I use to be about getting that ‘surprise’. In my opinion, the items aren’t as ‘out-of-the-box’ or as practical as they use to be. Let’s use April’s bag as an example:
- Pot holder puzzle…those puzzle pieces are easy to misplace and honestly, aren’t worth R100 to me.
- I love the breakfast board. However, there provided something similar for last year’s April bag. (Luckily, I wasn’t a member then.)
- Bunny love necklace. The bunny love necklace is cute, BUT not for me. (I don’t know how many ladies in their twenties would where it?)
- Tropical body butter, I can’t stand the smell of ‘tropical’. Personally, a lot of the scented gifts are those that I don’t enjoy. Like this month I received pomegranate lotion…not my cup of tea.
- Wasn’t a fan of the chocolate eggs provided this month either.
- The black bag (with LBB logo) wasn’t initially part of the gift, as of August 2015…it started being advertised as one of the items.
- The bags don’t have me going ‘Oh, Wow!’ anymore. There’s usually just one thing that gets me excited. This month- shortbread biscuits, April -The breakfast board and milk and honey lotion, March -Chalkboard keyholder, February – Love Coasters, January – Nothing really but I did like the draw string bag, December – Nothing, November – Was Movember. The bag was more for ‘him’ than ‘her’, October I missed, Loved September’s, August was cool, July was my favourite.
- They have provided so many jewellery pieces and yet not one was my taste, I gave them all away.
- Goodies are starting to be repeated. The items are not the same but similar enough for me to unsubscribe.
- I have also received broken items. Though replaced, it happened more than once and is an inconvenience.
- My biggest reason for unsubscribing is that the items aren’t worth the amount, said to be.
January’s bag below: Said to be worth R500…I wouldn’t spend R500 on these items
December’s bag said to be worth R420…again, I wouldn’t pay R420.
With that said, I do think that LBB has awesome client service. It is something that I will be keeping my eye on, so I will consider subscribing again. Majority of the time I received by bag before the 25th. I sent photos of damaged items and they were replaced.
Awesome idea. Awesome service. The products I have been receiving is just not keeping me excited to receive the following months bag.